My Top 10 Powerful Prayer Quotes to Inspire You!
Prayer changes things.
But do we really believe in the power of prayer?
It is so easy to underestimate the effectiveness of prayer – I know that I have in the past.
But last week I felt the power of prayer.
I had a flair up from an old back injury and usually when this happens it could last for a couple of weeks before it calms down. I let a few people know and they started praying for a quick recovery. And I was amazed at how quickly my back recovered and I didn’t miss a day of work.
Letting people know is not my usual way of operating. I am a bit of a loner when it comes to prayer requests – I suppose I think that I can just as easily speak to God – why do I need other people to do that too?
It seems that God has orchestrated prayer to have increased power when believers pray for each other. I certainly experienced its extra effectiveness this week. It’s good to remind ourselves of the power of prayer on a regular basis – that is why I am sharing 10 of my most favourite quotes on prayer:
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tyre? – Corrie ten Boom
- If you spend time praying for people instead of talking about them, you’ll get better results – Toby McKeehan (TobyMac, Christian recording artist)
- To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing – Martin Luther
- God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil. – Mother Teresa
- Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:13-16 ESV
- When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don’t, they don’t. -William Temple (Archbishop of Canterbury,1944)
- There is nothing that makes us love a man so much as praying for him. – William Law (Priest, 18th century)
- You are never more like Jesus than when you pray for others. – Max Lucado
- Pursue intimacy with God by praying for others. – Rick Sarthou (pastor)
- I have been benefited by praying for others; for by making an errand to God for them I have gotten something for myself. – Samuel Rutherford (Scottish Presbyterian pastor, 17th century)
Which one is your favourite quote and why? Please share below in the comments.