What Does My Best Year Ever Look Like?
I have one BIG goal this year – to make it the Best Year Ever!
At the beginning of the year, when I had decided that this year was going to be the Best Ever – I had no clear defined idea on what that looked like. But I knew I want it to be different to last year. I knew that I have goals that are not achieved. Actually, every year I had unfulfilled dreams and goals.
I had this deep sense , deep in my soul, that I want that to be different this time around.
But in order to achieve this Best Year Ever – I have to have a clear vision of what this looks like. Without a clear vision or image there is no way that I could develop a game plan to reach this Best Everness (yep not a word but hey!)
Where there is no vision, the people perish – King Solomon (Proverbs 29:18)
Vision is important.
Without vision I could not know exactly what it would take for me to tick this year off as the Best Ever.
The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision. – Helen Keller
Here’s the question I had to ask myself – On 31st December , looking back over the year – what would I have achieved that year which would create in me the feeling that it was the Best Year Ever?
- Health wise – lost the excess weight. I have a vision of someone who is active and wearing a knock out dress!
- Spiritual wise -I would have seen and witnessed God working through events and people. I would know first hand how God works, I would have experienced many “a-ha”moments.
- Emotional wise – I would be more courageous, bolder in my conversations, fear of people diminished
- Mental wise – My mind would be renewed and view food as fuel and not as comfort, a year of continuous learning and renewing
- Home wise – the house is renovated – well at least the important parts
- Relationship wise – healthy, open , great conversation – an encouraging mentor would have been part of making this year the Best
It’s good to contemplate what it means for you to have the Best Year Ever. Maybe, most probably, we can’t do everything but even 3 – 4 of those visions would go a long way to making this year better than last year -don’t you think?
I have come to the conclusion that for this to be the Best Year Ever for me – I need to PAUSE (my One Word this year) and spend some time redesigning my life. To take time out to redesign my eating habits, redesign how I spend my time, redesign my wardrobe.
To PAUSE , reflect, experiment.
To find my voice, find what foods suit me, find what exercise suits me, To step out and change up my routines.
To be brave and step out of old patterns. Oh this is hard for a Thinker – but it is going to be so worth it on 31st December.
I would love to hear your thoughts – what needs to happen this year for it to become the Best Year Ever?